Saturday, March 7, 2009

Birthday Stationary

This morning Carrie and I watched a short demonstration video from http://thepinkstamper.blogspot.com/2009/02/cricut-series-17-episode-92-walk-in-my.html.
After watching the video we were inspireded to use the card option on the Walk in My Garden cartridge for the Cricut Expression. My sister-in-law, Elizabeth, has a birthday coming up, and I wanted to make a bit of stationary for her since we've given up buying birthday presents. She loves everything ladybug which makes the ladybug option perfect. These are two of the four cards I made for her. Because I haven't used my Paper Studio's Daisy Paisley Stack, I decided to use as many of the coording pages as I could. The base for the card is out of Paper Studio's Textured Cardstock Brights. The ladybug front is cut @ 5" so the ladybug would be big enough to work with layers. I embossed the black cardstock with Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls and trimmed it. The layer on the bug is embossed with Ranger Holographic Embossing Powder. Then ribbon from stash to tie in a bit of color. I put a wee ladybug on the envelope and tied it up. I can't wait to see if she likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment